Navigating the college experience can be a challenge; with EXCEL, you are not alone. We will be here to help you every step of the way!
What is EXCEL?
EXCEL is a student success program that provides a unique opportunity for students that are interested in having additional support and guidance in obtaining an associate’s degree or when transferring to a four-year university.
Benefits of the Program
- Connection to personalized career guidance
- Access to learning support resources such as laptop, calculator, textbooks, and other unmet needs
- Dedicated peer mentor supporting you in your college experience
- Access to scholarships opportunities
- Opportunities for your family and support system to be a part of your success throughout workshops.
How Do I Get In?
- Be admitted to Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC), GateWay Community College (GWCC), or Glendale Community College (GCC).
- Submit an EXCEL Program application.
- Be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be an Arizona resident and Maricopa County resident.
- Complete the Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need.
- Enroll as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits per semester) in an EXCEL Program-approved major.
- Must commit to the program until you have completed or transferred.
If you are a current EMCC student, you must:
- Have earned NO MORE than 24 transferable college credits
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have a current Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at EMCC, GWCC, or GCC.
EXCEL Program Approved Majors
- Associate in General Students (AGS)
- Associate in Arts (AA) and AGEC A
- Associate in Science (AS) and AGEC S
- Associate in Business, General Requirements (ABUS-GR) and AGEC B
- Associate in Business, Special Requirements (ABUS-GR) and AGEC B
- Associate in Arts, Elementary Education (AAEE) and AGEC A