Federal Work Study Supervisors interested in hiring a Federal Work Study (FWS) student, please follow the steps listed below:
- Post the position on the EMCC Jobs website.
- Screen and interview your qualified applicants.
- Email Office of Financial Aid (email@example.com) the FWS Eligibility Verification Request (FEVR) once you have determined which candidate(s) you would like to hire.
- Office of Financial Aid (OFA) will return FEVR to supervisor indicating if student is eligible to be hired as FWS.
- If student is eligible, Supervisor completes an Intent to Hire help desk ticket and sends employee to EMCC HR Office to complete the new hire packet.
- Once supervisor receives a helpdesk ticket from HR with the employee ID, the supervisor creates a FWS job hire document via HCM. The below information will be needed in order to create the job hire document:
- Student ID
- Start date (date reported to HR via helpdesk ticket)
- Pay rate per hour
- Job Duties
- Employee ID (EMPLID)
***The job hire document will go through various approvals and you will be notified via email when the Job Hire Document is ready for your final approval.***
PLEASE NOTE: The FWS supervisor is responsible for monitoring student earnings to ensure that the student does not earn more than his/her Job Hire Document and FWS eligibility allows. If a student is overpaid the hiring department will be required to cover the overage. Please see the FWS Job Hire Document process for more information on monitoring earnings.