Scholarships are available to Estrella Mountain Community College students who are or will be participating in unpaid internships through West Valley businesses. If you don’t have an internship yet, this is your opportunity to get preapproved for the funding (so apply). If you do have an internship in the West Valley that is unpaid this is your chance to receive a stipend.
To apply: WIRRCS Application
This is an opportunity for you to give back to the community and help a student gain hands on experience through a local internship.
Benefit to Student...
- Hands on experience gained in their chosen field
- Matched to a business that will give the students a quality experience
- Build their resume
- Ability to take on an unpaid internship
As valuable as internships are to students, those who must work in order to go to school cannot afford to leave their paying jobs for an unpaid internship.
We are asking for your support in two ways:
- Consider a tax deductible donation to the West Valley WIRCCS Scholarship Fund to assist in the support of students who accept unpaid internships with local businesses. The scholarships provide for a win-win opportunity for the local employer and the student seeking work experience. All funds raised will be deposited into the West Valley WIRCCS scholarship fund to provide scholarships for student interns. Please Click Here to make a donation or contact Landis Elliott at email@example.com for more information.
- Offer EMCC an internship in your business. Click Here
Please consider joining us in this exceptional effort that will promote the success of students, of local business and of our community. If you would like more information on the West Valley WIRCCS Scholarship Fund please 623-935-8220or click here.