At EMCC, we believe income should never be a barrier to education. That is why we offer several in-house scholarships and grants, as well as information on District-wide and external opportunities. We've gathered this scholarship and grant information here so you can make informed decisions early in the process and make the most of your time here at EMCC.
This video provides information on how to apply for scholarships as an EMCC student.
Visit our Scholarships section to find helpful tips for a successful scholarship application, including preparation strategies and sample essays.
Application Deadline: Varies
EMCC Scholarship Success Stories
The Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation Emergency Student Assistance fund was created to assist currently enrolled Maricopa Community College students with a short-term, unforeseen financial hardship or immediate expense that may impact their academic success. Students may receive up to $200 through the emergency assistance fund. Requests cannot be used to pay off previous debts, tuition, or rent. Funding does not have to be paid back.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be in good standing with the College (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours at any Maricopa Community College
- Obtain a recommendation from a Maricopa Community College faculty/staff member who is aware of and can comment on the student’s need for emergency assistance (recommending faculty/staff member cannot be related to the student)
- Documentation associated with the emergency must be attached to the application (i.e., current utility bill, required book list, auto repair bill, etc.)
- Complete and submit the online Emergency Assistance Fund Application
- Clock and credit hour students, as well as out of state and undocumented students, are eligible to apply as long as they meet the above eligibility requirements.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2020
- Use the Save and Keep Editing button while completing the application to save your work.
- If you do not have a GPA with a Maricopa College yet, list your High School GPA.
- Hundreds of scholarships, one application! Applications are applied to scholarships based on student answers.
- If you completed an application during the Fall 2020 application cycle, you do not need to complete an application during the Spring 2021 cycle.
Essay Writing Tips
- Be positive - Be truthful - Be descriptive.
- Reflect on your life goals and career aspirations.
- Share your unique story.
- Use Word to check for spelling errors.
- Have a friend or family member proofread your paragraph for grammatical errors.
- Take advantage of your College writing center.