Welcome to the Computer Commons!
Located in Estrella Hall North, the Computer Commons Lab provides an open computing environment for students. We have 200 desktop computers and 35 seats where you can plug your own computer. Knowledgeable Computer Lab Technicians and Learning Facilitators will assist you with:
Logging in and password resetting for Maricopa Systems
- Technical assistance with the use of computers and EMCC selected software to complete course assignments
- Drop-in, email or phone help with CIS and BPC course assignments, such as Java. Call 623-935-8150 or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One-on-one tutoring (one hour/twice per week) for CIS/BPC courses, such as with a Java assignment, is available in the Computer Commons: please call 623-935-8150 to request and schedule a tutoring appointment.
- Workshops by appointment on Canvas and basics use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Prezi: Send an email to Gerry.email@example.com to request an appointment.
- Research, printing and scanning
- Reserving Study Rooms
- Use of multimedia equipment
- Troubleshooting wireless connection
Did you know? Maricopa students have access to download for free Microsoft Office 365.
To access Wimba for your online courses, please use this link:
The Computer Commons provides access to technological resources including computers, selected software, Internet access, online learning communication tools and qualified staff for assistance.
- Provide a learning environment to foster collaborative and interactive learning using computers and technology
- Provide technical assistance to support classroom instruction using technology
- Provide tutoring assistance for students enrolled in Instructional Computing courses
- Provide students instructional assistance with technology to enhance students’ abilities in becoming independent learners