The CTL is the professional development hub for Estrella Mountain Community College. We support employee development, innovation in teaching and learning, and service excellence! We are also the behind-the-scenes support center for the college's learning management system, Canvas.
The goal of the CTL is to create an inclusive and supportive environment that brings together all members of the EMCC Community to engage in the creation, integration, elaboration and celebration of teaching and learning.
- Workshops that support all facets of employee development, including the latest techniques in teaching and learning, customer service, and interpersonal interactions.
- Centralized resources from across the campus and the larger community to increase effective teaching and learning, student success and retention, and employee effectiveness.
- Facilities- including a large high-tech meeting space- for creating collaborations and learning opportunities to improve teaching, learning and student success.
- Help with audiovisual needs related to teaching and learning.
- Consultation about web tools, web design, hosting of simple web solutions supporting teaching and learning
- Guidance and information about the latest technology impacting teaching and learning.
- Support for learning management system (e.g., CANVAS), including program development support and system troubleshooting.
- Providing a space to explore new ideas and technologies that impact learning.
- Grants to encourage the use of innovation and good ideas to improve teaching and learning.
This is only a small sample of what we do. Stop on in to see how we can help you. We're here to be your one-stop location for your teaching and learning needs!