Welcome to the Academic Success Center!
EMCC is committed to your academic success. The Academic Success Center/Tutoring is located in Estrella Hall South, first floor and hosts a wide variety of programs to enhance student success.
The ASC offers all EMCC students remote tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, online paper critique through our Online Writing Center, 24/7 online tutoring through BrainFuse, study success strategies, tutorials, seminars, and workshops.
Our tutors are peer student learning facilitators who are dedicated to working with students in a supportive, collaborative learning environment.
Remote drop-in tutoring services for these sub-centers:
- Math Success
- Science Success
- Writing Success
- Reading, Languages, and Occupational (RLO) Success
The Academic Success Center has a new resource for students! We have created a Canvas page that contains tutoring information, handouts for various topics, links to important websites, and details about upcoming workshops. Click here to see now!
Saturday tutoring for Math Success will be on a walk-in basis on campus. Science Success and Writing Success tutoring on Saturdays will be by appointment over video. Students can schedule their Saturday visits at https://estrellamountain.craniumcafe.com/group/asc/scheduler
Academic Success Center Leads
- Math Success - Martina Meraz – 623-935-8477 - email@example.com
- Science Success - Kris Rothermal – 623-935-8197 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Success - Rachel Aborne – 623-935-8195 - email@example.com
- RLO Success - Belinda Trevino – 623-935-8186 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the academic journey of EMCC students by providing accessible and exceptional educational services that help improve understanding and performance and promote independent learning.
In the areas of math, science, writing, reading, languages, and occupational knowledge:
- Deliver face-to-face and asynchronous tutoring that aligns with course requirements and student goals.
- Help students build self-confidence and independence through affirmations of their strengths and educational achievements.
- Provide welcoming learning environments that promote belonging and express empathy
- Offer resources including printed and electronic tutorials, computer equipment and software, and 3D models to deepen learning.
For immediate info, please call us at the following:
- Math & Science Success: 623-935-8221
- Writing Success: 623-935-8189
- Reading, Languages and Occupational Success: 623-935-8436