Welcome to the Academic Success Center!
EMCC is committed to your academic success. The Academic Success Center/Tutoring is located in Estrella Hall South, first floor and hosts a wide variety of programs to enhance student success.
The ASC offers all EMCC students remote tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, online paper critique through our Online Writing Center, 24/7 online tutoring through BrainFuse, study success strategies, tutorials, seminars, and workshops.
Our tutors are peer student learning facilitators who are dedicated to working with students in a supportive, collaborative learning environment.
Due to COVID-19, the Academic Success Center will offer remote drop-in tutoring services for our tutoring subcenters:
- Math Success
- Science Success
- Writing Success
- Reading, Languages, and Occupational (RLO) Success
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Academic Success Center Leads
- Math Success - Alexander Garcia – 623-935-8779 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science Success - Kris Rothermal – 623-935-8197 - email@example.com
- Writing Success - Rachel Aborne – 623-935-8195 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- RLO Success - Belinda Trevino – 623-935-8186 - email@example.com
Supporting EMCC students through exceptional educational services, learning environments, programs, guidance, and resources to:
- Reinforce and supplement classroom instruction.
- Improve learning efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support classroom instruction.
- Create learning communities.
- Provide academic support to increase student success and help students become independent learners.
- Provide learning environments to meet students’ academic goals.
- Assist students with study strategies to build self-confidence in understanding the learning subject matter of an academic course.
For immediate info, please call us at the following:
- Math & Science Success: 623-935-8221
- Writing Success: 623-935-8189
- Reading, Languages and Occupational Success: 623-935-8436