Remote Tutoring allows you to see a tutor face-to-face by use of online web conferencing. Our tutors use Cranium Cafe to communicate via webcam and microphone. There are also screen sharing capabilities, which is perfect for online homework assignments through MOER and Canvas.
The Academic Success Center uses Cranium Cafe to conduct virtual tutoring sessions. It allows our tutors to interact with students via video meeting, instant chat, screen sharing, and an interactive whiteboard space. Students can access Cranium Café using the following link: https://estrellamountain.craniumcafe.com/group/asc/lobby. You will need to enter your MEID and password to get access to the tutors.
How to Meet with a Remote Tutor
- Go to https://my.craniumcafe.com and enter Estrella Mountain Community College in the search bar. Click “Take Me There” follow the prompts and log in with your MEID and password.
- You will land on the Student Support Directory. Scroll down until you get to the Academic Success Center.
- To meet with a tutor, click on “Knock on Door”. You can also login into the ASC Lobby using the link https://estrellamountain.craniumcafe.com/group/asc/lobby.
- Follow this downloadable Cranium Cafe Student Access guide to meet with an available tutor.
Remote Tutoring - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Remote Tutoring the same as Online Tutoring?
Yes and No. Remote Tutoring is face-to-face using online web conferencing tools. Our tutors are available by appointment for this kind of tutoring. On the other hand, Online Tutoring includes our Online Writing Center and BrainFuse, our online tutoring platform.
- When are the remote tutoring services offered?
Hours during the semester are Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Math tutoring until 8:
- What to expect:
You will need to ensure that your camera and microphone are turned on for the session. If a tutor is with another student, you may need to wait a few minutes to get assistance.
Brainfuse is the online tutoring support service for students who need assistance. The service is accessible 24/7 using the following link: https://brainfuselogin.estrellamountain.edu. Use your MEID and password to login and request assistance from a tutor (not EMCC).
The EMCC Online Writing Center offers paper critique of any writing assignment with a 24 -72 hours return policy including weekends. Certain holidays are excluded. To access the online writing center and submit a paper, click on the link above and provide information regarding your course, details of the assignment and what you would like the tutor to focus on as they critique the paper. You will receive your critiqued paper in your Maricopa email.