Writing Success is located in Estrella Hall South and provides free tutoring for any writing projects at Estrella Mountain Community College. To request tutoring, students check-in with an EMCC student ID.
Our tutors will not write or edit your paper for you. Instead, they will work with you to help you improve as a writer. They will read your work, make suggestions for improvement, and help you incorporate those suggestions.
In order to make the most of your Writing Success visit, be sure to bring your assignment sheet and any other information about the requirements of your assignment as well as all of your writing for the assignment. We can do a much better job tutoring you if we understand exactly what it is that you need to accomplish and exactly what you have done so far.
Also, be sure to come to the Writing Center as early as you can. Since you will get suggestions and help improving your writing, you will need time to revise your paper after your visit; so do not wait until the last minute.
Other services offered in Writing Success:
- Study strategies tutorials
- Printed writing tutorials
- MLA and APA tutorials
- Online Writing Center (24-48 hrs paper return policy)
- The Online Writing Center offers paper reviews and feedback for any EMCC writing assignment. To access the Online Writing Center and submit a paper, students need to click on the link above. The PDF guide below, “How to Submit a Writing Assignment,” further explains the paper submission process. Once the paper submission screen is displayed, students will be prompted to provide the following: course information, assignment instructions, and the areas that need to be reviewed.
- The Writing Success Center makes every effort to return papers within 24-48 hours. *Exceptions include peak periods during the semester; return time increases during midterms and the end of the semester when paper volume is high. Papers that are submitted prior to Final Exams Week will still be reviewed in the order in which they are received. New paper submissions will not be accepted during Final Exams Week; however, we will be offering face-to-face tutoring in-person and over video through Cranium Café. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rachel Aborne, Program Coordinator for the Writing Success Center, at email@example.com or call the Academic Success Center Front Desk at 623-935-8221.
Contact us at 623-935-8189 for general questions about Writing Success.