Estrella Mountain Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Some programs are also accredited and/or approved by other agencies. Detailed accreditation information can be found on the Estrella Mountain accreditation page.
Campus Security Report
The Estrella Mountain Community College Public Safety department publishes a report that discloses relevant information about campus security policies and crime statistics can be found on the Estrella Mountain Community College Public Safety website.
Diversity of Enrollment
In the Fall of 2017, enrollment of all full-time undergraduate students in credit programs was 3,137. Of these 55% were female and 45% were male. 1% were American Indian/Alaska Native, 4% were Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% were Black, 54% were Hispanic, 27% were White, and 3% were Two or More Races, and 1% were Non-Resident Alien.
Diversity of Pell Recipients
Federal Pell Grant recipients comprised 53% of the full-time enrolled students in the Fall of 2017. Of these, 60% were female and 40% were male. 75% of the Pell recipients identified themselves as members of a racial or ethnic minority.
68% of the first-time, full-time undergraduate students who enrolled in the Fall of 2016 returned in the Fall of 2017. The part-time student retention rate was 50%.
Graduation and Transfer Rates
The 3-year graduation rate for full-time students entering in Fall 2014 was 20%. The 3-year transfer-out rate was 24%.. The combined graduation and transfer-out rate is 44%.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. Estrella Mountain Community College complies with these requirements. These rights can be viewed on the FERPA Web site. Additional information can be found on the MCCCD FERPA & College Records page. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional regulations for privacy and security controls of personally identifiable information in the European Union (EU). More information on GDPR can be found on the MCCCD General Data Protection Regulation page.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator is a tool designed to help students estimate what it may cost to attend any of the Maricopa Community Colleges or Skill Centers annually. This broad estimate is based on the cost of attendance and the financial aid that was provided to full-time, first-time degree/certificate seeking undergraduate students and does not represent an actual award. Submission of the FAFSA is the only way to obtain a true and accurate determination of eligibility. Actual net price can vary significantly based on student eligibility.
Disability Resources and Services
Complaints & Misrepresentation
In compliance with United States Department of Education regulations, follow this link for information about submiting a complaint/misrepresentation.