The primary goal of the Division of Instructional Computing at Estrella Mountain Community College is to prepare students to obtain rewarding jobs in high-demand careers or for university transfer. To this end, the division offers an open, academic, and hands-on environment where students of all ages and backgrounds can discover their potential and achieve their goals in the Computing arena. Practical and real-world skills are taught that directly relate to career goals. A wide variety of excellent courses and programs, taught in numerous formats such as classroom-based, hybrid, and online are offered. The Division of Instructional Computing offers day, evening, and online schedules to fit your busy life.
The Division of Instructional Computing utilizes innovative teaching to empower students with knowledge and skills to foster success in an evolving technology driven society through: Industry Partnering; Workforce Technology Training; Transfer Education; General Education and Enhancement of Lifelong Digital Learning.
The Division is equipped to serve students with high quality classrooms, first-rate computer laboratories, and the most current software. Flexible open lab hours provide students with additional hands-on learning opportunities.
The Division of Instructional Computing offers a variety of courses and programs in the following disciplines:
- Information Technology (Network Technologies Institute)
- Cisco Networking Academy
- Red Hat Linux Academy
- Microsoft Program
- Computer Hardware and Desktop Support (certificate)
- VMWare Academy (virtualization)
- Computer Information Systems
- ABUS-SR/CIS MAPP
- Mobile Apps Programming
- Computer Applications Technology
- Computer Science
- MAPP (AS) – Computer Science BS at ASU School of Engineering
- Multi-Media (Multimedia Technologies Institute)
- Web and Graphic Design (AAS)
- Desktop Publishing (Certificate)
- Web Development (Certificate)
- Web Design (Certificate)
- Adobe Certification
- General Education
- Interior Design