It's not too late to apply for graduation! Students wanting a certificate or degree MUST apply for graduation.
Please let us know if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony! Your feedback will assist us in finalizing the details for the big day.
We have a proud tradition of offering students the opportunity to celebrate graduation through culturally focused Convocations such as: Veterans, LGBTQ+, American Indian, Asian Pacific Islander, Hispanic, African American.
Get your Alumni Gear!
The Alumni Association will be selling Estrella Mountain Community College Alumni shirts and hats, these items will be available for $20 at the graduation ceremony.
Graduation Frequently Asked Questions and Details
Camelback Ranch - Glendale | 10710 W Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85037
Graduate participants are required to wear purple regalia. The ceremony will be outdoors, and you will be standing and walking before and during the ceremony; comfortable footwear is recommended.
- Some walking areas are soft, and heels may get stuck in the ground.
- Keep in mind that you will be walking along a baseline: dust on footwear may result.
The ceremony is expected to last between 1.5-2hrs. Participants are expected to remain on the field for the entire duration of the ceremony. Please plan accordingly. Medical personnel will be available in case of emergencies.
Students and staff will be directed to park in the Third Base entrance. Guest parking is restricted to the Home Plate lot. Parking is free!
There is no rehearsal before the ceremony.
The ceremony is not a ticketed event. The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 PM.
Participating graduates* must check in at the designated area by passing through the Third Base Gate entrance and proceeding to the left. Check-in will begin at 5:00 PM. All graduates must be checked-in by 6:15 PM, or you may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. Participating students must wear EMCC regalia. There are designated spaces to walk. Please stay off the grass.
This area has no place for storing personal items. Please leave items with family and friends. Due to limited space, only participating graduates will be allowed in the graduate check-in area. Visit https://www.mlb.com/camelback-ranch/your-visit/information-and-policies for a complete list of prohibited items from the Ballpark.
Professional photographers will be taking pictures of all commencement participants on Friday, May 12, 2023, during the commencement ceremony. These photographs will be available for purchase from Grad Images.
If you or one of your guests has need for an alternative print format or other accommodations, please call Disability Resources and Services at 623-935-8863 no later than April 21, 2023.
- The ceremony will be outdoors, and you will be standing and walking before and during the ceremony; comfortable footwear is recommended. We strongly discourage wearing heels. Some walking areas are soft, and heels may get stuck in the ground.
- Concession stands will be open for guests to purchase light refreshments.
- Parking is free.
- Balloons are prohibited. For a list of permitted and prohibited items, please visit: https://www.mlb.com/camelback-ranch/your-visit/information-and-policies.
Connect with Your Advisor Today!
Your advisor will complete your graduation application with you. As you both work through the application, your advisor will:
1. Review the graduation requirements for your respective catalog year
2. Complete a check sheet for each program you are applying for
3. Assist with selecting the final classes required for your graduation
4. Your advisor will submit the completed graduation application to Admissions & Records.
Schedule an Advising Appointment