Where to find scholarships:
- Online scholarship search engines
- The school or public library
- Employers and unions or employee groups
- Scholarship search companies
- Consumer beware! Students are cautioned not to pay a fee to agencies who offer to conduct a scholarship search without first checking the validity of that agency. Many times, the information provided is available elsewhere at no cost to the student. Refer to this web page for information on scholarship scams.
- Do not procrastinate, you cannot do an application in one hour!
- Always apply for Federal Student Aid as well as scholarships
- Keep your eyes open: a scholarship may be in your backyard
- Check spelling and accuracy of your application
- Start the process early!
- Remember, most scholarships are awarded based on the scholarship essays or essay questions!
- For further assistance and information regarding scholarships, you can schedule a Scholarship Information virtual help session