In support of EMCC and Business Services mission, Human Resources will act as a learning resource for its diverse community. We are dedicated to promoting a dynamic team of knowledgeable professionals who impact and inspire positive and equitable human relations throughout the organization. As a department, we will ensure the tradition of excellence in teaching and learning at Estrella Mountain Community College by facilitating recruitment, employment, development, compensation, and retention of a talented and diverse workforce.
Have a Question? Ask us by email or by calling EMCC Human Resources Hotline at 623-935-8817. We will respond within 24 hours!
Validate Your Short-term Disability Benefits by April 27
On Friday, April 21st, HCM was unable to validate short-term disability elections made during open enrollment on that day only. If you tried to make a change to the short-term disability benefits on Friday, April 21st and you were not able to complete your enrollment, please send an email to Ask HR with your:
- Employee ID number
- The new short-term disability amount you attempted to elect
This must be done by Thursday, April 27th at 5 pm.
The Employee Benefits Team will assist you with completing the change to your short-term disability election for FY 17-18 once you send the request to Ask HR.
Maricopa HR Benefits Team
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Summer 2017 Work Hours
Please make sure to update the work schedules for your classified employees (both exempt and non-exempt) by Wednesday May 10, 2017.
Failure to assign accurate summer schedules for your employees will result in inaccuracies and errors in employee pay and leave time calculations.
***Special Note on Summer Holidays***
Memorial Day: Monday, May 29, 2017
Employees will be accountable for working 30 hours between May 30 and June 1 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
Employees will be accountable for working 30 hours between July 3 and July 6 (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday).
Instructions on how to assign work schedules can be found at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/employees/human-resources/hcm-time-and-labor. Please let us know if you have any questions.
-EMCC HR Team
For Pay Period: 04/22/2017 - 05/05/2017
Absence Management Deadline (Times are Subject to Change)
Employee deadline: Thursday, May 4th at Midnight
Supervisor deadline: Friday, May 5th at Noon
Time and Labor Deadline (Times are Subject to Change)
Employee deadline: Friday, May 5th at Midnight
Supervisor deadline: Monday, May 8th at 10:00pm
For Employees, this includes:
- Exempt/salaried employees only need to report exception time using absence management, no Regular earnings - DO NOT “Apply Schedule” in your timesheet
- DO NOT enter "worked" hours in any future pay periods, only for the current pay period (absences are OK)
- Non-exempt employees entries of worked time for the period & any time off in absence management
- Punch/Webclock employees (Temporary, Students & Work Study) keep punching in/out as worked time
For Supervisors, this includes:
- Entering worked time/schedule or leave usage for employees who missed the deadline
- Approve all schedules and leave usage for employees
- Enter Begin Date 04/22/2017 in Approve Payable Time to pull all hours for approval:
- Main Menu > MSS > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Payable Time to pull all hours for approval
***After ALL deadlines have passed, you will NOT be able to make ANY changes to Time and Labor for the pay period above. Please contact your Payroll Specialist with any changes/corrections***
Please remember to correct all missing and 1 minute punches
Click here for the Employee/Supervisor Deadlines Calendar
If you need to fill out a district form (such as Department Table Change, Corrective Action, Adjunct Faculty Course Overload, etc) please click here
HCM Project Information
Please click here for more HCM Project information.