In support of EMCC and Business Services mission, Human Resources will act as a learning resource for its diverse community. We are dedicated to promoting a dynamic team of knowledgeable professionals who impact and inspire positive and equitable human relations throughout the organization. As a department, we will ensure the tradition of excellence in teaching and learning at Estrella Mountain Community College by facilitating recruitment, employment, development, compensation, and retention of a talented and diverse workforce.
Have a Question? Ask us by email or by calling EMCC Human Resources Hotline at 623-935-8817. We will respond within 24 hours!
Memorial Day: Monday, May 28, 2018
Employees will be accountable for working 30 hours between May 29, 30, and 31 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
Employees will be accountable for working 30 hours between July 2 and July 5 (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday).
To help you prepare for these Fall holidays, please refer to the following holiday pay information.
This is the same process followed last year and is in accordance with policy A-24.C.5.b (Alternative Work Schedules) and A-16.C (Holidays).
- Non-Exempt: Eligible non-exempt employees will be paid for 10 hours of work during a summer holiday.
- Exempt: Eligible exempt employees will be paid their regular salary in any week containing a holiday.
- Less than FTE: Eligible employees who are less than 1.0 FTE (full-time equivalent) are paid a prorated portion of holiday based on their percentage of FTE.
- For example, a .75 FTE will receive 7.5 hours of holiday pay and a .8 FTE will receive 8 hours of holiday pay.
- 5/8 Schedule: Eligible non-exempt employees who do not work a 4/10 schedule during summer are responsible for working the remaining 30 hours during the non-holiday days of the week.
- For example, an employee who works 5/8 during summer will receive 10 hours of pay on the day of the holiday. The remaining days in the week should total no more than 30 hours to avoid overtime pay.
- Day Off on Holiday: An eligible non-exempt employee whose regular day off falls on a day of holiday observance may either, at the option of the employee’s department, be 1) given an alternative day off during the same calendar week with pay, or 2) paid an additional amount equivalent to their pay for a regularly scheduled work day.
- Required Work on Holiday: Eligible non-exempt employees regularly scheduled or required to work on a designated holiday shall be paid for all hours actually worked at one and one-half times the employee’s regular hourly rate of pay, in addition to holiday pay.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Instructions on how to assign work schedules can be found at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/employees/human-resources/hcm-time-and-labor. Please let us know if you have any questions.
-EMCC HR Team
For Pay Period: 05/19/2018 thru 06/01/2018
Pay Dates: June 7th, 2018
Benefit Eligible Employees deadline:
Absence Management Deadline (Times are Subject to Change)
Employee deadline: Wednesday, May 30th at Midnight
Supervisor deadline: Thursday, May 31st at 2:00 p.m.
Time and Labor Deadline (Times are Subject to Change)
Employee deadline: Friday, June 1st at Midnight
Supervisor deadline: Monday, June 4th 10:00 a.m.
For Employees, this includes:
- Exempt/salaried employees only need to report exception time using absence management, no Regular earnings - DO NOT “Apply Schedule” in your timesheet
- DO NOT enter "worked" hours in any future pay periods, only for the current pay period (absences are OK)
- Non-exempt employees entries of worked time for the period & any time off in absence management
- Punch/Web clock employees (Temporary, Students & Work Study) keep punching in/out as worked time
For Supervisors, this includes:
- Entering worked time/schedule or leave usage for employees who missed the deadline
- Approve all schedules and leave usage for employees
- Enter Begin Date 05/019/2018 in Approve Payable Time to pull all hours for approval:
- Main Menu > MSS > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Payable Time to pull all hours for approval
***After ALL deadlines have passed, you will NOT be able to make ANY changes to Time and Labor for the pay period above. Please contact your Payroll Specialist with any changes/corrections***
Please remember to correct all missing and 1 minute punches
Click here for the Employee/Supervisor Deadlines Calendar
If you need to fill out a district form (such as Department Table Change, Corrective Action, Adjunct Faculty Course Overload, etc) please click here