To enhance teaching and learning by supporting and seeking new and innovative technologies to meet the current and future needs of our rapidly growing community.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the college through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the College's enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
A sustainability goal of EMCC is to purchase Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Silver or Gold registered products for all standard desktop and notebook / laptop computers and monitors, and for specialized computers for which EPEAT certified products are available.