Required Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (ROAR)
The purpose of the Required Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (ROAR) session is to help new students maximize their potential and successfully manage their college experience! ROAR outlines campus resources available and introduces new students to their student success team, who provide a class schedule to be used to register for first-semester classes.
In an effort to improve student success, all new students interested in completing a degree or transferring to a university are required to complete a ROAR session. We have a support team that values you and is excited to assist you and introduce you to our campus and culture.
Due to the COVID-19 campus closure, all in-person ROAR sessions have been canceled, but you can complete your ROAR online!
To request online access, or for any other ROAR questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before You Request ROAR Access
- Watch the Maricopa Pipeline Overview video and take the Pipeline AZ assessment to explore your interests and start developing your educational and career pathway.
- Know your MEID number AND password (Generally, your MEID starts with the first 3 letters of your first name plus 7 digits, Example: AAA1234567).
- Know your Student ID number (EX: 33343343)
- Upload or turn in at least one of the following for English, Reading, and Math:
- High School GPA with an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher
- ACT scores
- SAT scores
- GED Ready Scores
- Placement scores (Accuplacer & WritePlacer)
- Ed Ready score
Please contact the Testing Center if you need assistance.
- Take care of all holds located in your Student Center, such as:
- ID Authorization (proof of your identity)
- Under 18 (consent needed from parent/guardian); please see Under 18 Admissions (formerly Special Admissions) page for more information.
Please contact the Admissions and Registration if you need assistance.
Online ROAR option:
- Online ROAR takes approximately 1.5-3 hours in one setting OR you can choose to break it up. Please plan accordingly.
- Please take notes on ROAR, as you will be quizzed on the information.
- If you would like to see your first semester schedule ASAP, please complete Online ROAR by Tuesday, no later than 5pm. If not, it will take an additional week to receive your schedule.
NOTE: Closed Captioning is available for each video and additional supporting materials are available in every module of ROAR.
- It is a good idea to register for classes as early as possible. This helps ensure you have the best schedule, it maximizes your financial aid options, and it helps you prepare for a successful semester.
- Your tuition and fees due dates vary based on when you register. Be sure to double-check your due dates if you are not paying in full at the time of registration.
Steps to Complete ROAR
Follow the steps below to complete ROAR and be ready to attend your first semester classes.
- To request ROAR access, email email@example.com.
- Include your MEID or student ID number in the email.
Complete ROAR RSVP registration.
- Online ROAR
- Complete ROAR Canvas course with a grade of 80% or higher.
- See your Advising Notes for first semester schedule recommendation.
- Check for your schedule on a Friday after 5 p.m.: Student Center.
- Review schedule. Ask questions/make adjustments as needed.
- Register for your classes recommended on the first semester schedule by using Student Center. This task is student’s responsibility and should be done as soon as possible.