The purpose of the Required Orientation, Advisement, and Registration (ROAR) session is to help new students maximize their potential and successfully manage their college experience! ROAR outlines campus resources available and introduces new students to their student success team, who provide a class schedule to be used to register for first-semester classes.
In an effort to improve student success, all new students interested in completing a degree or transferring to a university are required to complete a ROAR session. We have a support team that values you and are excited to assist and introduce you to our campus and culture.
Due to the COVID-19 campus closure, all in-person ROAR sessions have been canceled, but you can complete your ROAR online!
To request online access, or for any other ROAR questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before You Request ROAR Access
- Know your MEID number (Generally starts with the first 3 letters of your first name plus 7 digits, Example: AAA1234567) AND password.
- Know your Student ID number (EX: 33343343)
- To properly advise you for your first semester, it is required that you upload or turn in at least one of the following for English, Reading and Math:
- High School GPA with an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher
- ACT scores
- SAT scores
- GED Ready Scores
- Placement scores (Accuplacer & WritePlacer)
- Ed Ready score
Please contact the Testing Center if you need assistance.
- To ensure you can register for classes, please take care of all holds located in your Student Center, such as:
- ID Authorization (proof of your identity)
- Under 18 (consent needed from parent/guardian)
Please contact the Admissions and Registration if you need assistance.
Online ROAR option:
- Online ROAR takes approximately 1.5-3 hours in one setting OR you can choose to break it up. Please plan accordingly.
- Please take notes on ROAR, as you will be quizzed on the information.
- If you would like to see your first semester schedule ASAP, please complete Online ROAR by: Tuesday no later than 5pm. If not, it will take an additional week to receive your schedule.
NOTE: Closed Captioning is available for each video and additional supporting materials are available in every module of ROAR.
- It is a good idea to register for classes as early as possible. This helps ensure you have the best schedule, it maximizes your financial aid options, and it helps you prepare for a successful semester.
- Your tuition and fees due dates vary based on when you register. Be sure to double-check your due dates if you are not paying in full at the time of registration.
- Students will not need to meet with another advisor once ROAR is completed unless classified as a Special Admission student.
- Special admission students are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Have not graduated from high school or obtained a GED*
- Not part of a cohort group such as ACE, Hoop of Learning, Dual Enrollment, or AAEC High School**
Special Admission students, please visit the Special Admission page for more information.
*Students who have graduated from high school or obtained a GED are considered regular students regardless of age.
**AAEC HS students must follow special admission process for classes they are paying for on their own.
Steps to Complete ROAR Online
Follow the steps below to complete ROAR online and be ready to attend your first semester classes.
- To request ROAR access, email email@example.com.
- Include your MEID or student ID number in the email.
Complete ROAR RSVP registration.
Complete ROAR CANVAS course with a grade of 80% or higher.
- See your Advising Notes for first semester schedule recommendation.
- Check for your schedule on a Friday after 5pm: Student Center.
- Review schedule. Ask questions/make adjustments as needed.
Register for your classes: Student Center.