What are the Benefits of Service Learning and Civic Engagement to the Faculty & College?
- Develop more powerful curricula by providing students with a "real world" context for theory and discipline-specific knowledge.
- Raise awareness of current social issues as they relate to academic and social areas of interest.
- Foster a culture of student participation and leadership on campus
- Increase student retention by helping them develop a sense of community within the class.
- Students will be more engaged in the course material and look forward to participating in classroom discussions.