Benefits for Students
What are the Benefits to the Student?
- Develop critical thinking, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Learn citizenship and social responsibility
- Improve self-confidence by becoming an active citizen in your community
- Assist with an issue that is affecting their community
- Gain valuable experience for your resume and scholarship and university/college applications
- Achieve the Chancellor's Civic Leadership Medallion (click here for more information)
If you are an EMCC student interested in doing an Independent service learning project or part of a club/org getting ready to give back to the community, please fill out the Service Learning Project Proposal CLICK HERE. You will receive a follow-up email with next steps within two business days.