FAQ Transcripts

Frequently Asked Questions About Transcripts

Here are some "frequently asked questions" regarding transcripts.

If you have additional questions that are not answered below, please contact Admissions and Records.

Frequently Asked Questions About Transcripts

No, you may not "walk in" an official transcript. All official transcripts must be sent from the institution you attended previously (high school, college, university, etc.) to EMCC directly.

Please have all official transcripts mailed to:

Estrella Mountain Community College
Attn: Admissions and Records
3000 N. Dysart Road
Avondale, AZ 85392

If you have recently graduated from high school, you will need to have your official high school transcript sent from your high school to EMCC directly.

You cannot walk-in your transcript, even if it is in a sealed envelope.

One of the reasons for having your transcript sent to us is so that we can record your official graduation date. When sending your transcript, be sure to request that it be sent AFTER your "graduation" or "diploma" date is posted.

Another reason to have your high school transcript sent, is if you completed one full academic year of high school chemistry or biology, with a grade of "C" or better, which serves as a prerequisite for some college-level courses.

SWSC transcripts must still be requested at the Estrella Mountain Community College Admissions and Records Office. If you have any questions, you may contact 623-935-8888, option 1. Please note, transcript requests cannot be made over the phone or by email.

No. You only need to request one transcript. The Maricopa County Community Colleges District provides a "One Maricopa" report that lists ALL credit courses taken within the district, as well as any degrees and/or certificates awarded. 

If your MCCCD account is inactive, you can reactivate it by going to my.maricopa.edu and clicking the link for "Student Passwords and MEIDs" under the Help section, then click on the "Reactivate MEID" link and follow the directions. Or you can go directly to the Credential Solutions LLC. You will still be required to provide your Student ID, SSN, or MEID.

Any official transfer credits submitted to a MCCCD institution (prior college coursework, military transcripts, AP/CLEP test scores, etc.) will show as being received, but will not be listed specifically on your transcripts.

If you wish to transfer these credits to an outside institution, you will need to contact the originating school or organization.

Yes! High school and college-level courses completed outside the United States and recorded on official transcripts will be evaluated for transfer of credit, provided that the institution where the courses were taken is accredited by the ministry of education in that country. It is the student's responsibility to submit all foreign and international transcripts (high school and college) to an international transcript evaluator to be translated into English, evaluated on a course-by-course basis, and sent directly to the receiving college.