Joining Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Phi Theta Kappa is the premier honor society recognizing the academic achievement of community college students to grow as scholars and leaders. The Society is made up of more than 3.2 million members and nearly 1,300 chapters in nine nations.
Criteria for Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) membership is:
- Currently enrolled in at least 3 credits at Estrella Mountain Community College
- Already have completed 12+ letter-grade credit hours at the 100-level or above
- Have a minimum EMCC cumulative GPA of 3.50
Please send completed application to email@example.com.
Upon determination of eligibility, a passcode is generated and sent to you. New member fees are paid on the PTK.org website. The lifetime membership fee is $90 (Beta Alpha Xi retains $25 of that with the remainder going for operating costs of PTK Headquarters in Jackson, Mississippi).
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge and:
- Access to the official PTK website, ptk.org
- Transfer scholarships offered by ASU, NAU, and U of A (among others)
- $37 million in scholarship opportunities, including the two-year tuition waiver for the All-USA Scholarship
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of nearly 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,285 campuses worldwide
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits, financial offers, and member discount offers from Phi Theta Kappa Corporate Partners such as GEICO and Bank of America