Why should I take the career assessments?
Taking the time to learn about yourself is an excellent way to make great career choices. Whether you are a current student taking classes or just figuring out what career path is best for you, assessments can help you explore options based on your interests.
How do I get started?
There are two different assessment systems students can use. At Estrella, we have the Arizona Career Information System (AzCIS) and Ferguson's Career Guidance Center to help student explore career options. If you are a student, you can access both systems. All other individuals are able to access and use AzCIS. Please find handouts and directions for both systems in the downloads section.
Arizona Career Information System (AzCIS)
- Go to https://portal.azcis.intocareers.org/
- EMCC AzCIS Login:Username: estrellamcc; Password: 4azcis02
- Click on ePortfolio > New User > Create ePortfolio
- Create your account and select ‘Submit’
- Access the online assessment under ‘Find Your Occupation Matches’
- Select ‘Interest Profiler,’ read through the directions and click on ‘Rate the Activities’ to begin
- Once completed, make sure to click on save at the top right hand corner to save to your portfolio
- Click on an area and begin exploring career information
- If interested, there are many other assessments you can also complete in this area
- To access assessments later, go to ePortfolio à Where are the pages… à Sort and Assessment Results
Ferguson's Career Guidance Center
IF YOU ARE ON CAMPUS:
- Go to Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center at fcg.infobase.com and select Create Account on the top right hand corner.
- Select Student, create a username, enter email, create password and select ‘create account’ button.
- Once the account has been created, Click on Get Started in the Career Interest Assessment box on the right hand side.
- Read the introduction and select Begin. Complete the next section below to properly save assessment.
IF YOU ARE OFF CAMPUS:
- Visit the library website at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/library
- Click on the first link on the menu to the left ‘Find articles, books, Ebooks, Movies’
- Scroll to the bottom and on the left under the ‘Education’ section, click on Ferguson’s Career Guidance
- Enter MEID and Password
- Follow directions above to create account/access assessment, and directions below to Save Assessments
IF YOU ARE NOT A STUDENT:
If you are interested in completing a career assessment, please access AzCIS
After completion of the, please make an appointment with a counselor at 623.935.8909
Have you taken the Kuder Career Assessment?
If you have previously completed the career assessment in the Maricopa Career Planning Website (Kuder), you can access your assessments at http://maricopa.kuder.com. Log in with the username and password that you created upon account creation. If you have forgotten your username and password, please use the Forgot username or password prompt on the website.