The Teacher Education Institute, which includes programs in the area of Teacher Education, Early Childhood Development and Speech Language Pathology Assistant, will give you extra support and enhance your student experience as you pursue your education at EMCC.
Through opportunities such as internships, service learning, the Future Teachers Club, the annual kickoff, and the Institute Orientation, the Teacher Education Institute will provide support to help you find the appropriate program pathway for you.
By participating in the Teacher Education Institute, you will have the opportunity to meet with university partners, become familiar with local school districts, and observe dynamic K-12 teachers. You will be exposed to a variety of internship and community service endeavors to grow your skills as a teacher and to connect with and serve the community. Through the EMCC Teacher Education Institute you will experience a practical and valuable understanding of the amazing and rewarding field of teaching.
Take a look Inside the Program for a glimpse as to what you can expect as a Teacher Education student.
Teacher Education Institute programs include:
- Associate in Arts, Elementary Education
- Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Educational Studies Early Childhood
- Associate in Arts, Emphasis in Secondary Education
- Associate in Science, Emphasis in Secondary Education
- Associate of Applied Science, Early Childhood Education
Certificate of Completion (CCL)
Arizona Department of Education Endorsements
- Gifted Education
- Structured English Immersion