Welcome to Estrella Mountain Community College. We want you to be successful in college, right from the start. The following steps will assist you in your transition to college. By completing these steps, you are increasing your chances of completing your educational goal. Stop by our Welcome Center in Komatke Hall at EMCC Avondale, visit EMCC Buckeye or call 623-935-8888 if you have questions.
Create MEID Account and Apply for Admissions
- Complete the FAFSA and scholarship applications at: maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
- Provide proof of identity to the college at which you applied.
- For tuition purposes, verify your residency status by providing a government issued ID.
- Submit prior education (if applicable) i.e. High School and/or College/University official transcript.
- Undecided on a major? Connect with Counseling and Career Services at your college.
- Visit the EMCC campus to familiarize yourself with the services and resources.
TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST
Prepare, Study, and Schedule Test
- Prepare by reviewing the sample questions at: maricopa.edu/testing.
- Placement Test will ensure appropriate level of classes for enrollment for students with no prior college credit in reading, math, and English.
- The Placement Test is not a pass/fail exam.
- The Placement Test is untimed and FREE.
- Bring your government issued photo ID on the day of testing.
- To review your test score results, ask for a Course Placement Chart.
Attend the Required Orientation Advisement and Registration (ROAR) session
Required Orientation Advisement and Registration (ROAR) sessions last approximately 2-2.5 hours and are available on a regular basis. View the ROAR schedule.
- This session will be your first advisement session to help you prepare for your first semester of classes. You will not need to meet with another advisor once this session is completed, except special admission students. Click Special Admission for more details.
- Meet with an advisor every semester prior to class registration.
- Ask your advisor about: College Success Classes, Associate Degrees, Certificates, Transfer options, and Resources and Services.
Register for Classes
- Register for classes early to: Ensure the best schedule, maximize financial aid options, and to get prepared for a successful semester.
- Know when your tuition is due.
PAY TUITION AND FEES
Explore Payment Options
- Monitor your Student Center for current balance and pay on or before due date.
- Explore paying for college at: maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- Explore college websites for scholarships, such as the Presidents’ Scholarship and more.