Use our Enrollment Steps guide to keep track of your progress. By filling out this guide, you will remember where you left off in the enrollment steps.
There are four steps to Maricopa Community Colleges' enrollment process:
- Get Admitted
- Complete Tasks in Student Center
- Register for Classes
- Make Payment Arrangements
How to choose your degree / major
- During the admissions process, you will be asked to choose a degree or certificate program, which is connected with your field of interest. If you don’t know, below are a few options to get you started:
- If you are unsure of your career or degree pathway, we recommend that you complete the AZ Pipeline Career Assessment. This assessment will help explore or provide guidance regarding a specific career or field of interest.
- After completing AZ Pipeline, explore your college’s fields of interest. Watch a quick video to learn more.
- Explore degrees and certificates related to your field of interest. Please note: Not all degrees and certificates are offered at every college.
To get admitted, please do the following:
- Complete the admissions application. If you have applied in the past or taken classes, please use the Returning Student Application. You will select your college and the degree or certificate you plan to pursue when completing the application. If you are not pursuing a certificate or degree and taking classes, you will only choose your college of interest.
- Provide proof of identification during the online application process. If you are unable to provide your ID via the admissions application, you can also submit it here once you have submitted your application.
- Request official transcripts from any college previously attended be sent to the EMCC's Admissions and Records Office. Hand delivered, emailed, and / or unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- If you will be paying for college using Federal Financial Aid, start the process.
Please note: If you started your application more than 48 hours ago, you will need to start a new application.
You may also contact the Admissions, Records, and Registration office at the college you plan to attend. Each college may have alternative ways for you to complete and submit your admissions form (English version | Spanish version).
As you complete step one, we recommend you write down the following information on your Enrollment Steps guide:
- Student ID number
- Maricopa email address
Important reminder: Your Maricopa student email at google.maricopa.edu will be active as soon as you are admitted to a college.
Complete Tasks in Student Center
After you successfully get admitted, you may have additional tasks to complete. To view your tasks, log in to your Student Center.
If you are new to college, you may have tasks in your Student Center to determine course placement or attend New Student Orientation and seek initial academic advising.
Maricopa Community Colleges offers multiple ways to identify the proper courses for your success. To get started with this step, visit Assessment and Placement to find out how to submit placement documents or take online placement assessments.
If you have taken college-level English, math, or reading courses at a previous college or university, ensure your official transcripts have been sent to your college of interest. You may not need to determine placement based on your previous coursework.
Set Up Initial Academic Advising & New Student Orientation
If you are new to college, you will need to attend a New Student Orientation session within your first semester.
Attend the Required Orientation Advisement and Registration (ROAR) session
Required Orientation Advisement and Registration (ROAR) sessions last approximately 3 hours and are available on a regular basis.
- View the ROAR schedule and plan to attend your session.
- Once ROAR is completed your Advisor will provide you with a list of classes for you to take.
- It is a good idea to meet with an advisor every semester prior to class registration to make sure you are staying on track.
Register for Classes
If you know the classes you need to take, then do the following:
- Use Find a Class to search for your classes and select “Open Classes Only.”
- Keep track of your courses’ section numbers for adding classes.
- In your Student Center, click on the Manage Classes tile.
- Use Class Search and Enroll to get registered.
If you don’t know the classes you need to take, do one of the following:
Then, follow the steps to register for classes. We created a video that will help navigate you through the class registration process.
Once you have registered for your classes, you will be able to view your tuition rate classification in the Student Center. The tuition rate is determined by the submission of your ID and other supporting documents. For more information, go to Residency Information. All new students, to EMCC, will default to out-of-state tuition rates. Call 623-935-8888, option 1, if you have any questions regarding your tuition rate.
Pay Tuition & Fees
After you have registered for classes, you need to make payment arrangements.
If you do not pay the balance of your tuition and fees by the due date, you will not be able to register for any additional classes or receive your transcripts. To check the due date of your tuition and fees, go to your Online Student Center.
You can explore ways to make payment arrangements at maricopa.edu/paying-for-college. Be sure to monitor your Student Center for the current tuition balance.