Take the Accuplacer tests on campus! Visit https://emcctesting.setmore.com to schedule your appointment.
What is Placement Testing?
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) determines initial course placement for English, Reading, and Mathematics courses.
Placement testing is required for:
- Students who are new to college and are pursuing a degree or transfer pathway
- Students taking their first college English, reading or math course or any college course for which English, reading or math is a prerequisite
- Students who are admitted as "Special Admission" students taking college classes while still attending high school
Placement Testing is:
- Not timed
Placement Test Results
Student typically receive their results the same day, however you may receive a “pending notification” in lieu of a score on the WritePlacer test. This happens for a variety of reasons and is not indicative of the course placement. Scores are typically available within two business days in your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu
To access your scores follow these steps:
- Navigate to my.maricopa.edu
- Select Student Center (Under Student Tools) and log in with your MEID & Password
- Select Test Scores link
Retesting Rules for Accuplacer
1. After 1st attempt, test can be taken again as soon as the next day.
2. After 2nd attempt, must wait at least 90 days from the first date before attempting a third time.
3. After 3rd attempt, no more re-tests for 2 years.