Testing Center is in Komatke Hall, room KW103
Visit https://emcctesting.setmore.com to set up an appointment.
For questions, contact Testing Services at email@example.com or call 623-935-8860.
View Maricopa Community Colleges Placement Chart
One or more of these measures may apply to you—please review all options.
- No math placement test needed to enroll in beginning math level classes! You can sign up for MAT 103 for Liberal Arts or MAT 114 for STEM/Business—no testing needed.
- Use your “old” placement test scores! You can use Accuplacer scores up to 5 years old.
- Use your High School GPA, ACT, SAT, or GED scores! Minimum scores needed: GPA=2.6, ACT=18, GED=165, SAT math 510, SAT Rdg&Wtg 460.
- Enter your scores at https://my.maricopa.edu/services/placement
- Take the placement tests from home using EdReady! Review the EdReady Student Guide for instructions, then go to maricopa.edready.org to get started.
Need to test out of CRE 101 (test Reading Exempt)? You can take the Accuplacer Reading Test OR the EdReady Critical Reading & Critical Thinking Test!
Not sure where your scores place you? Use the Placement Coach tool to find out! Enter your scores and see your placement at: https://www.maricopa.edu/future-students/placement-coach
EMCC Testing Services provides testing for new and continuing students following the standards and guidelines established by the National College Testing Association. Placement testing is untimed. Students will need to bring their Maricopa Student Number and a valid photo ID for all testing services.
Which kind of test is right for you? If you are:
- A new student wanting to enroll in classes at EMCC, take the Accuplacer or EdReady Placement Test for initial course placement
- Ready to apply for MCCCD's Nursing program, take the HESI- A2
- Want to earn college credit by examination, take the CLEP Exam
- A student with limited English ability, take the English as a Second Language (ESL) Test
If you are taking a class from another college or university and need to take a Proctored Test:
- Have your college email the test & instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to EMCC Testing, 3000 N. Dysart Rd., Avondale AZ 85392
Call 623-935-8860 to set appointment
If you have a documented disability that requires testing accommodations:
If you need to take a make-up exam at EMCC:
- Follow the procedure for make-up testing.