Honors Achievement Award Scholarship
The Honors Achievement Award is for current Maricopa Community College students who have already completed at least twelve (12) college credits (100 level or higher, letter grade) and are maintaining at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA. It will assist with tuition, registration, and/or books.
The Honors Achievement Award is based on the number of credit hours a student is enrolled in/for the fall/spring semester:
- $500 for 12+ credit hours
- $325 for 9-11 credit hours
- $244 for 6-8 credit hours
The maximum award is $500 per semester per student to assist with college tuition, registration fees, books, or supplies.
NOTE: If you need to drop a class or add another one back into your schedule, please contact the Honors Office so we can discuss how these changes may affect your scholarship.
Deadline for applying: 45th day of each Fall and Spring semester
- Completion of at least 12 credit hours (100 level or higher with a letter grade) from a MCCCD college
- Enrolled in a MCCCD college
- 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA (exception: pass/fail classes that are required for the student's degree program)
- Complete and submit Honors Achievement Award application
Honors Achievement Award Scholarship Requirements
Honors Achievement Award scholars must meet and maintain the following requirements for the program:
- Attend Honors orientation and all mid-semester check-ins
- MCCCD cumulative GPA of 3.25 each semester in the program
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credits (100 level or higher, letter grade) for four (4) semesters
- Attend one (1) co-curricular, complete the required reflection and submit the reflection by the due date
- Complete one (1) Honors Project each semester in the program (in either a cohort, section, or as an Individual Honors Project) for a total of four (4) projects (graduation from the Honors Program requires five (5) Honors Projects)