Presidents' Honors Scholarship
Presidents' Honors Scholarships are for incoming, first-year college students who earned a final, unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in high school.
The Presidents' Honors Scholarship covers in-state/in-county tuition up to 15 credit hours (plus $15 registration fee) per semester, but does not apply to summer sessions. To be eligible, students must enroll at the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) campus of their choice in the academic year (two academic semesters) following high school graduation or equivalency without having attending another accredited college or university before enrolling in an MCCCD campus (co-enrollment, dual enrollment, and summer session excluded).
- Must be admitted to Maricopa Community Colleges to apply
- Must apply and be accepted within one year of high school graduation
- Must have a final unweighted high school GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Must have legal presence in the United States
- Must be a Maricopa Resident
Applications can be received by:
- Submitting the online President's Honors Scholarship application
- You must log in with your MEID (Maricopa Enterprise ID) to begin the application. If you do not have an MEID, you must first get admitted to EMCC before beginning your application. Please be sure to check your Maricopa Student Email often for further actions after applying.
- If the above link does not work, please click on or copy the following link into your browser: https://go.estrellamountain.edu/phs-app
Deadlines – No Exceptions:
- Fall Semester: July 15th
- Spring Semester: December 15th
NOTE: The Presidents' Honors Scholarship does not cover expenses for pass/fail courses (exception: Required degree-specific pass/fail courses are within scholarship guidelines)
Presidents' Honors Scholars in good standing after completing at least one (1) semester of coursework, may apply for the deferment for the purpose of taking part in activities that would interrupt required continuous enrollment, for example, faith-based mission or medical or accident situations.
- Deferment may be granted for a maximum of two (2) years; exceptions to this on a case-by-case basis
- Expected to enroll in Honors-only cohort classes for the first two (2) semesters of the scholarship (1st year)
President's Honors Scholarship Requirements
- Enrollment in the College Honors Program or transfer to another MCCCD institution.
- Enroll in and complete at least 12, letter-graded, college-level credit hours per semester (Fall/Spring) for a total of four semesters, including:
- at least one honors course (honors-only or contract).
- Degree-specific, required pass/fail courses may be within retention guidelines; must be verified with the college Honors Program.
- Enroll in and complete, with a grade of “C” or higher, at least 3 credits of honors coursework (Honors class or Independent Honors Contract) each semester.
- Maintain an MCCCD cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or higher for the duration of four semesters.
- Complete required co-curricular activities as defined by the college Honors Program.
- Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if their cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the first semester.
- Participate in a mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester and all Mid-semester Check-ins.
NOTE: If you need to drop a class or add another one back into your schedule, please contact the Honors Office so we can discuss how these changes may affect your scholarship.