1 year full in-county tuition (up to 18 credits/semester) plus $250.00 each semester for books and supplies. Only one of these scholarships will be awarded. Open to Maricopa County Residents. Not available to current Presidents’ Scholarship recipients.
1. Must be actively enrolled in the Honors Program. This means having at least one approved Honors course included in your semester schedule. Must have completed at least one full semester as an Honors student.
2. Must have taken at least 12 credits of 100 level or above coursework completed at the Maricopa County Community Colleges with a minimum MCCCD cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
3. Must be able to provide proof of US citizenship or eligible non-citizen status as required by Arizona HB2008.
4. Students are only eligible to receive the Chancellors’ and Foundation scholarship once. May apply multiple years.
5. Must complete the Chancellor’s Scholarship application and return all requested supporting documents by 4:30pm on February 7, 2020.
Instructions for Completing the Application
1. Fill out the Chancellor’s Scholarship application.
Tips for completing your application: a) Respond to all the questions on the application in full and complete sentences. b) Type all responses in a Word document using MLA format. Do not put your name anywhere on this document—staple the Word document with your answers behind this application. c) Make sure to edit for clarity, grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. d) Seek assistance if needed—your application will be graded on your writing ability.
2. Include an unofficial transcript printed directly from the my.maricopa.edu website.
3. Return the following in a sealed manila envelope to the Honors Office, EST Hall, S148 by 4:30pm on February, 7, 2020:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship application with stapled with MLA formatted Word document of answers to the application questions—Do not put your name anywhere on this document.
- Unofficial transcript
- Honors Chancellor’s and Foundation Scholarship Contract
4. Notification of the results of your application will be sent on or before March 2, 2020.
Applications, Chancellor's and Foundation Scholarship Contract, and scoring rubric are available in the Honors Office and in the Honors Canvas Course.