Estrella Mountain Community College participates in the Federal Direct Loans Program. Below is information pertaining to Estrella Mountain Community College loan program.
- Students must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Federal school codes for Estrella Mountain and the Southwest Skill Center is 031563. Be sure the correct school code is on the application,this will ensure the application information is sent to the correct school.
- The student must complete their financial aid file by returning all requested documents to the financial aid office. It is the student's responsibility to check their Financial Aid Status online regularly. This is done through my.maricopa.edu, on the their TO DO list. On this website you can view any missing financial aid documents, see if you've been awarded financial aid, review your charges, etc.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive student loans. If you are not enrolled half-time at time of disbursement, your loan will be reduced or canceled.
- The student must not be in default on prior student loans or owe federal grant repayment.
- The student can complete their Master Promissory Note and Entrance counseling anytime at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. The Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling can be completed before a student is awarded loans.
If you have not yet completed the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA), visit our 'How to apply for aid' webpage.
For assistance logging into my.maricopa.edu, please call 1 888 994 4433 or go to: http://eims.maricopa.edu/MAW/MAW.html
Remember - your loan will be divided into two disbursements. One will come toward the beginning of the loan period or semester, and the one will arrive approximately half-way through the loan period. If you are a freshmen who has not borrowed at EMCC and who has not submitted transcripts to document completion of at least 30 credit hours, your loan cannot be disbursed until 30 days after the first day of your program of study has begun.
It is a federal requirement that you complete Entrance Counseling at every school for which you receive a student loan. This is generally part of your MPN process.
Exit Loan Counseling
It is a federal requirement that if you are about to graduate, have graduated, or otherwise left school, you are required to complete Loan Exit Counseling. To complete the counseling, visit the Loan Exit Counseling website.