Eligibility for tuition waivers, affidavits, or exemptions is established via state statute and Governing Board policy. Please review Employee and Non-Employee Eligibility for Tuition Waiver with Authorization by Appropriate Designee by following the link attached below.
Tuition and Fee(s) Due Date:
Summer 2020: April 27, 2020. Payment arrangements must be made on or before April 27, 2020 to secure classes.
Fall 2020: August 3, 2020. Payment arrangements must be made on or before August 3, 2020 to secure classes.
Employee Responsibility and Steps for submitting an MCCCD Tuition Waiver
- Employee prints tuition waiver form related to their title example: Full-time staff, Adjunct Faculty, Dependent
- Employee completes all sections of the tuition waiver form
- Employee determines if signatures are required for accountability. If signatures are required for accountability please reference A, B, C, D options noted below.
- If the employee's class is during their hours of accountability or between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, the tuition waiver will require an additional signature
- Employee registers for the course(s).
- Employee takes completed and signed tuition waiver for EMCC credit hour courses to Student Business Services for processing with payment for registration and course fees
- If submitting via fax/email, payment must be made prior to submission of waiver.
A. The class meeting is during hours of accountability or between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Following signatures and information is required on form:
- Vice President
- College President
- A written justification why the class is being taken during hours of accountability or hours listed above.
B. Class meeting IS NOT during hours of accountability or between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Following signatures required on form:
C. Class meeting IS NOT during hours of accountability but is between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Following signatures and information required on form:
- Copy of work schedule attached to form
D. Residential Faculty is exempt from the required signature process. It is assumed that the start time and end time of the class(es) are outside hours of accountability.
- This process applies to all classes, including PED classes, in which the tuition waiver applies to
- The tuition waiver covers credit-hour or clock-hour cost only
- Payment for registration and course fees is due at time of registration and processing of the tuition waiver
- Tuition Waiver and payment must be received prior to or on to the course(s) due date, during business hours to avoid the risk of being dropped.
- Eligibility may or may not be verified prior to the end of the drop/add period
- Separate tuition waiver forms must be completed for each college that student is attending and should be routed directly to that campus
- Tuition waiver forms will only be honored through the semester in which the class ends
- Tuition waivers for EMCC can be submitted to Student Business Services in person, by fax to (623) 935-8848 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any questions regarding authorizations, please contact Student Business Services at (623) 935-8888 option 2