MCCCD Tuition Waiver Content
MCCCD employees and their eligible dependents are able to take advantage of tuition waivers. Eligibility for tuition waivers, affidavits, or exemptions is established via state statute and Governing Board policy. Please review eligibility requirements at the link below.
**Maricopa tuition waivers and payment must be received no later than 4:00 PM on your tuition due date to avoid the risk of being dropped. **
Employee Responsibility and Submission Steps
- Employee registers for the course(s).
- Payment for registration and course fees are due prior to the tuition waiver being processed
- Ways to Pay:
- Employee completes tuition waiver form related to their title example: Classified staff or Adjunct Faculty Forms available on the Electronic Forms webpage. The form must be completed electronically using your MEID and Password.
- Employee determines if signatures are required for accountability:
- If your class(es) is during hours of accountability a signature will be required from your Supervisor and the President or Designee/Vice-Chancellor.
- Adjunct employees will be required to include their Supervisor’s name and campus email to obtain a signature from their Supervisor, Division Chair, Vice President, or Dean.
- Employee submits Maricopa tuition waiver for credit hour courses.
- Student Business Services is then notified once the request is successfully submitted and is applied after the Supervisors signs, if required.
To get started on your Tuition waiver follow the hyperlink that pertains to you below:
- Adjunct Tuition Waiver – 3 load hours or less (for eligible Maricopa Community College Adjunct Faculty.)
- Adjunct Tuition Waiver – More than 3 load hours (for eligible Maricopa Community College Adjunct Faculty).
- Employee Tuition Waiver (for eligible Maricopa Community College employee).
Dependent and Employee Responsibility and Submission Steps
- The Dependent student registers for the course(s).
- Payment for registration and course fees is due prior to the tuition waiver being processed
- Ways to Pay:
- Online with a credit card or e-check at my.maricopa.edu
- Over the phone with a credit card to 623-935-8888, opt. 2
- Ways to Pay:
- The student initiates the Dependent Tuition Waiver Form available on the Electronic Forms webpage. The form can be completed electronically using the student’s MEID and Password.
- The student will need to input the Employee’s name and work email.
- The dependent continues to complete all necessary sections of the tuition waiver and provide an electronic signature.
- The employee is notified via work email to confirm and review.
- The employee clicks the link provided in the email, and signs in using their MEID and password.
- The employee completes their portion and electronically signs the waiver.
- Student Business Services is notified once the request is successfully completed and includes the employee’s signature.
To get started on your Dependent Tuition waiver follow the hyperlink that pertains to you below:
- Dependent Tuition Waiver (for eligible Maricopa Dependents of Full-time Classified, Non-Classified, and Dependents/Spouses of Full-time Specially Funded employees**)
- Tuition waivers cannot be processed until you have first enrolled in courses
- The waiver only covers credit-hour tuition or clock-hour tuition cost only.
- The tuition waiver does not cover out of state charges.
- Payment for registration and course fees is due prior to Student Business Services processing the tuition waiver.
- Eligibility may or may not be verified prior to the end of the drop/add period
- Separate tuition waiver forms must be completed for each semester and college that a student is attending and should be routed directly to that campus.
- Tuition waiver forms will only be honored through the semester in which the class ends.
- Adjunct Faculty
- Greater than 3 load hours per semester - eligible to waive up to 6 credit hours per semester.
- 3 load hours or less per semester - eligible to waive up to 3 credit hours per semester.
- Dependents of Full time employees are eligible to have up to 16 credit hours waived.
- Employees: Full time employees and residential faculty are eligible to have up to 12 credits waived.
For any questions regarding tuition waivers, please contact Student Business Services at: