Third Party Authorizations

Third Party Authorizations

Summer 2024: Tuition is due May 20, 2024. After May 20th, Summer tuition is due daily.
Fall 2024: Tuition is due August 7, 2024. After August 7th, Fall tuition is due daily.

Third Party Authorizations Content

Third Party Tuition Authorization

A Third Party Tuition Authorization (TA) is a written document notifying Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) of the intent by an outside organization or agency (third party) to pay part or all of a student’s tuition and fees at EMCC​. The student is responsible for the balance of tuition and fees, if in the event, the organization/agency does not provide payment for the authorized amount.

If all or part of your tuition and fees are being paid by an outside organization or agency (ex. your employer, military, government agency), EMCC must have the form of authorization (letter, card, voucher, purchase order, etc.) on file prior to your tuition and fee due date. The form of authorization must be for the current term and must explain if all or part of the fees will be paid by that source. If you are eligible for a Pell Grant, please note your authorization may be applied after all Pell Grant Funds have been exhausted. If at any time the student becomes ineligible for funding through the agency, the student is responsible for any outstanding debt on the student account.

Tuition Authorization Initiated by the Student

TAs initiated by a student requires the student to provide an authorization letter from the third party with the below requirements to Student Business Services by their course(s) due date.

Tuition Authorization Submitted by an Outside Organization or Agency

TAs submitted by an outside organization or agency will coordinate with Student Business Services to complete the TA process. Student Business Services will process the TA for the individual students enrolled in the specified course(s) upon receipt of the TA.

Military Tuition Authorizations 

A Military Tuition Authorization (MTA) submitted by the student must be received by Student Business Services. Student Business Services will process the MTA for payment of tuition upon receiving the document from the student. The student is responsible for paying registration and course fees at the time of submitting the Authorization.

Dual Enrollment and AAEC

TAs associated with the Dual Enrollment program are coordinated with EMCC’s Early Outreach department. For additional information, visit Dual Enrollment.

TAs associated with AAEC are coordinated between Admissions & Registration. For additional AAEC information, please refer back to AAEC. 

Tuition Authorization Process:

  • TA is received, verified and if there are any remaining uncovered balances of tuition/fees this must be paid by the student. 
  • Student Business Services will place an indicator hold on the student account.
  • Student's account will be noted that a Third Party will be paying on the student account.
  • Student enrollment will be protected from being dropped for non-payment.
  • Student Business Services completes processing after the refund period.
  • An invoice will be submitted to Third Party Organization from our District Office at the beginning of the following month.
  • Note: A balance may still appear in the “Amount Due” section of the Student Center until processing of the TA by Student Business Services is complete. This process may take up to 3 weeks after the first round of refund deadlines.

Third Party Tuition Authorization Requirements:

To set up a Third Party Authorization Agreement, the student must initiate the Third Party Authorization request with their organization or agency and will need to contact Student Business Services at time of enrollment into their course(s). The student must submit a completed Authorization document which includes ALL of the following information:

  • Letter must be on official company letterhead.
  • Course(s) to be paid.
  • Specific billing requirements (e.g. tuition only, tuition and registration fee only, tuition and all fees).
  • First name, last name and student ID number for each student covered.
  • Whether out-of-state tuition will be paid by the third party.
  • Whether the third party is to be charged for tuition and/or fees if the student receives federal financial aid.
  • Contact person's name and telephone number.
  • The original signature from the authorizing party.
  • Billing address to invoice the third party.

Submit Authorizations to Student Business Services:

Tuition Authorizations can be submitted to Student Business Services via one of the following:

For additional questions please contact Student Business Services: (623) 935-8888 option 2