Frequently Asked Questions
Estrella Mountain Community College has an open admission policy. Students complete one of the following options:
- A graduate of a high school which is accredited by a regional accrediting association as defined by the United States Office of Education or approved by a State Department of Education or other appropriate state educational agency
- Have a high school certificate of equivalency (GED)
- A transfer student in good standing from another college or university.
Learn more about Admissions at EMCC at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/admissions.
Students who are interested in getting a jump-start on college while still attending high school may do so through our Special Admission Process. Special admission to Estrella Mountain Community College may be granted to any person under the age of 18 who meets the established requirements for a course. Admission shall be considered only when the process for special admission students has been completed.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are required to bring a photo ID to ALL in-person meetings and to conduct business on campus.
Special admission students are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Have not graduated from high school or obtained a GED*
- Not part of a cohort group such as ACE, Hoop of Learning, Dual Enrollment, or AAEC High School**
* Students who have graduated from high school or obtained a GED are considered regular students regardless of age.
** AAEC HS students must follow special admission process for classes they are paying for on their own.
Find the application for special admissions online at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/admissions
Learn about more Early College Opportunities by contacting the Outreach and Transitions department 623-935-8900 or email@example.com.
Placement testing is not timed, however, plan for about two hours if completing all three subjects.
Students can take online practice test on our test webpage at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/testing-services.
- Photo ID
- Maricopa Student ID (begins with a “3”)
- No appointment needed.
Every student should meet with a program advisor before registering and should continue to meet with an advisor each semester prior to registration. Some programs and classes require program advisor permission. Advisors are available year-round, at no cost to students.
All new and degree seeking* students must complete a Priority Advisement Workshop (PAW) session before meeting with an academic advisor individually.
*Nursing degree student must also attend a Nursing Information Session before meeting with the Nursing Advisor https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/advisement/advisement-nursing
Tuition is due 60 days prior to the start date of the course. Financial Aid priority deadlines vary, please visit the Financial Aid webpage at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/financial-aid for more information.
Transferring to EMCC:
- Please send official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
Transferring from EMCC:
- Transcripts are issued upon written or online request only. Students can request transcripts at Admissions and Records or online in their Student Center via my.maricopa.edu.
- When an institution receives transcripts, they evaluate the credits and where applicable, count them towards the degree.
Students can learn more about transcripts online at https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/student-records/faq-transcrip….